PowerApps software product is a Proprietary Property of Dr Raghunatha Ramaswamy.
The technical aspects however has inputs from past colleagues and mentors. Notably this software development would not have been possible without support from Dr Ramanujam and the management of I.D.E.A who supported during 1980s and 1990s.
Generation Planning and Power Plant Related Studies and
Power Plant Auxiliary System Design
Generation planning needs many factors to be considered
depending on nature of the generation. The planned generation could be very large
one, or may be medium size one, or may be a part of an industrial plant that is
connected to the grid, or may be small generating stations. Some of the
generating units may be from renewable energy such as wind, solar power. In
large generating stations, apart from the power evacuation studies involved
from the generating station to external grid, power system studies and
engineering are also needed within the generating plant considering the
auxiliary loads and their startup mechanisms. In industrial plants having
captive power generation [CPP], the operational issues in parallel with the
external grid, industrial plant load supply, export/import restrictions,
frequency controls are various factors that may have to be considered. The
basis of large generation plan is usually long term energy demand forecast.
Industrial captive generations usually start to meet the local industrial
demand and sometimes may export or import power from the grid. The renewable
energy sources are formed from view point of clean, perennial and environment
friendly energy considerations.
The following factors/studies/aspects may have to be
considered in generation planning, power plant engineering
- Long term energy demand forecast
- Availability of energy resources, land, facilities, environmental
- Provisions for power evacuation
- Economic considerations
- Policies of the government
- Available transmission facilities and planned new facilities
- Power system stability and reliability
- Power evacuation facilities
- Protection and control of the generating units, auxiliary plants, HT
substations, External grid network at the point of interconnection
- Power System studies for the plant as well as the interconnection with
external grid and study of interactions with other various generators with
existing and proposed transmission network as needed.
- Detailed engineering of the power plant
- Power Plant Auxiliary System Design
- Frequency Control Engineering for Generation Plants
- Generation Stepup and Plant Auxiliary Switch Yard/Substation Design